Management of Real Spicy Foodies Restaurant Limited on 31/03/2020 donated an amount of Two Thousand Ghana Cedis(GHC 2,000.00) to the COVID 19 FUND to support the sensitization in the Upper West Region.
In addition, the restaurant is also provided 15 pieces of Veronica buckets, 30 pieces of hand washing soap and 20 sanitizers to some selected cluster settlements in Wa Municipality. Management also embarked on a radio sensitization program and educated the public on the World Health Organization standards of protecting and preventing the spread.
Real Spicy Foodies Restaurant has previously donated hand washing stands together with Veronica buckets to University for Development Studies Hospital, Homeland Clinic, Food Drugs Authority and the Ghana Tourism Authority.
The Company is a local branded restaurant that seeks to contribute small as part of our co-operate social responsibility of given back to society in this time of need.
Outlined below are some measures Spicy foodies have put in place to prevent the spread of the pandemic:
- Special safety and medical training for their staff
- Provision of hand gloves and mask
- Mount hand washing points in and out of the restaurant
- Sanitizers available for both staff and customer
- Improved customer response rate to prevent congestion at the restaurant
- Increase food delivery service to person
- Social media campaigns to create awareness and preventive tips
- Toured all radio stations in the upper west region to educate the citizenry on preventive measures
The donation was received by the Upper West Regional Minister, Hon. Dr. Hafiz Bin Salih on behalf of the Government of Ghana. The Regional Minister was overwhelmed with the gesture from Spicy Foodies Restaurant advocating for more supporting hands to come in order to successfully combat the Virus.